Just a reminder that the government’s new rates of the National Living Wage (NLW) and National Minimum Wage (NMW) will come into force from 1st April 2023. In doing so, the government accepted in full the recommendations of the Low Pay Commission. The rates which will apply from 1 April 2023 are as follows:
- Workers aged 23 and over: £10.42 an hour (National Living Wage)
- Workers aged 21-22: £10.18 an hour
- Development rate for workers aged 18-20: £7.49 an hour
- Young workers rate for workers aged 16-17: £5.28 an hour
- Apprentice rate: £5.28 an hour.
On April 2, 2023, statutory maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental pay will rise from £156.66 to £172.48 a week. Statutory sick pay will also rise from £99.35 to £109.40 per week.