Centric HR is recruiting for 2 x Housing Officers on behalf of a social housing client in Birmingham, for a Fixed Term period of 3 months.
The client is looking for experienced and enthusiastic housing officers to join the team at this exciting time of transition and change.
The postholders will be expected to deliver a high-quality placement and administrative service for the Company and it’s target groups i.e. homeless people, landlords, service providers & referring agents to enable the Company to provide a quality accommodation service.
We are all about recruiting people with the right attitude and behaviour, so if you have the right experience too and you develop trusting working relationships, this could lead to a substantive post in the future.
Who are we looking for?
The successful applicants will need to have experience within a housing environment and the usual tasks associated with the role such as experience of working with vulnerable groups, Housing Benefit Claims, dealing with multiple agencies, landlords and residents.
You would need to be able to demonstrate excellent written and customer service skills and be able to communicate with a range of diverse people and levels of hierarchies within external bodies and organisations. You will have proficient administration skills and be able to use the suite of Microsoft Office applications. You will be organised and work well under pressure, managing conflict and complaints as part of your day to day work.
Finally, you must be flexible in your approach and be a team player as well as being able to work on your own and use your own initiative.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please apply via attaching your CV and covering letter of no more than two pages to tell us how you meet these criteria and what you are looking to achieve from a role like this. No agencies please.
For an informal chat about the role please contact email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an initial screening interview with Centric HR and then if successful will be invited to a panel interview.
To deliver a high-quality placement and administrative service for the Company and its target groups i.e. homeless people, landlords, service providers & referring agents to enable the Company to provide a quality accommodation service.
- Be the first point of contact for anyone approaching the Company for accommodation or support.
- Provide a placement service for potential residents.
- Liaise with referring agents, landlords and service providers to place potential residents within 30 mins.
- Make online applications for Housing Benefit.
- Maintaining residents’ records and office systems.
- Manage a caseload of accommodation/beds and maintain Housing Benefit claims.
- Be a single point of contact for allocated Providers.
- Liaise with Birmingham City Council Housing Benefit team.
- Liaise with any other professional agencies, i.e. Policy and Probation services.
- To contribute to creating a presentable, welcoming, professional environment.
- To uphold the Company’s values and follow policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post.
This job description indicates the expectations of staff at this level. Job descriptions are not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties of a similar level and responsibility.
Telephone interviews and selection days will commence in February 2021.