Centric HR Limited are working with a Health and Safety consultancy who are looking to recruit a Safety, Health & Environmental Apprentice to join their team in Penkridge, Monday – Friday 08:00am – 17:00pm.
The HSE Apprentice will work with the account management and consultant team of the organisation to advise on the statutory safety, health and environmental requirements.
They will assist the management team in ensuring that the legal and company HSE requirements are implemented.
- Supporting the Health & Safety Director in delivering service excellence to all clients.
- Put together health and safety management systems / documents and issue these to clients in hard copy and electronically.
- Prepare documents such as risk assessments, method statements, toolbox talks and policy statements as required for clients.
- Update documents for clients as required with changes to legislation and ensure these are issued promptly.
- Keep client and prospective client information updated on our in-house CRM system.
- Recording all client contact, booked visits and tasks on our CRM system.
- Time logging your work / cases on our time management software.
- Taking part in site visits and audits
- Managing the submission of all Accreditation portals on behalf of clients, managing the diary to ensure these are started in time for renewals.
- Contacting clients to get copies of documentation completed on specific jobs for accreditations.
- Managing emails received to the team when consultants are on site or delivering training.
- Communicate effectively: Be able to contribute effectively in both spoken and written styles, adapting to the audience to present information or training in an assertive, engaging way.
- Work effectively in a team. Be able to work with others (colleagues, suppliers, clients and the public) and lead by example in a collaborative and non- confrontational way. Be able to adjust to change in relation to the requirements of the organisation.
- Positively influence behaviour in others to achieve desired outcomes and resolve conflicts.
- Use their professional judgement. Be able to work within own level of competence, know when to seek advice from others.
- Continue their professional development. Identify own development needs and take action to meet those needs. Use own knowledge and expertise to help others when requested.
The HSE Apprentice will be required to have achieved or be working towards a good standard of GCSE’s including English and Maths as well as having knowledge and experience in commonly used office computer applications.
- 25 Days annual leave + birthday
- Auto enrol pension
- Support environment and onward learning
- £14,000 per annum