The following data compiled by the Ministry of Justice has just been released for employment cases reaching tribunals.
- There has been a 46% decrease of claims related to failure to consult on redundancy, which is likely to be as a result of the extension of the furlough scheme until September 2021.
- There has been a staggering increase of 176% in claims for age related discrimination in the last quarter, which is showing that employers are failing to follow the legal obligations placed upon them.
- Failing to consult on cases of TUPE has also seen an increase in claims being submitted, employers should review any transfers of workers between businesses and changes of services to ensure that they don’t fall fowl of a claim being brought against them.
- Between October and December 2021, single claims increased by 25% compared to the same quarter in 2019.
- Multiple claims, from more than one employee, also rose by 82%.
- This increase in claims has resulted in the tribunal caseload now rising to 51,000 cases.
- The tribunal service did dispose of some 14,000 claims during the period.
- There was also an increase in claims for breach of part-time workers regulations (89%), unfair dismissal claims (28%) and sex discrimination claims (13%).
If your organisation is faced with an employee relations matter, we are experts in this area and can help you to safely consider the options open to you to resolve such matters. Please contact us here for more information.